Friday, December 3, 2010

Jalapeños and Some Dirty Tomatoes

I promise that this is it of the digital leftovers of my turkey day break, haha.
As I said a couple posts back, the two towers are getting separated out on here due to their upcoming physical separation.  This post is on Tower One, or the tower that I buit for my parents, and that will stay in it's current location (with any luck I can get my parents to actually put up growth updates come January).  And so with the theme of my parents caregiving, I have decided to give a shout-out to my dad's tomatoes which bested my tomato in our Hydro v. Soil competition.
So here they are!:

 Baby Toms!
As far as the WindowFarm, there are some bits of exciting news, but unfortunately due to the lack of sprouted seeds, there is only one new addition, an eggplant that is on the front side which I didn't photograph.  If you want a visual though, the eggplants in Tower Two are exactly the same.  All else gets picture:
Jalapeños!
 The other one, not doing so hot..
 Minty is coming back after being smothered by the tomato.
Basil down below, ready to retire.
 Bell pepper, surviving, but not thriving.
On a developmental note, since all of these changes, we have had some leakage issues.  And because of it my Dad is pushing for more DWC, possibly converting the whole tower by corking each bottle.  My concerns would be weight, and the need for twice as many airstones.  

No comments:

Post a Comment